On Jumping the Shark 86 we are joined by Cedar Hill Games founder and former Bioware designer, Tobyn Manthorpe. Cedar Hill Games just published the excellent Emissary of War for the iOS and Tobyn joins us to talk about the game, what he’s learned about iOS publishing since delivering his first game, Pistols at Dawn, and what he likes about being an independent developer. A good time was had by all, and he even stuck around for the second half of the show, in which we discuss what we’ve been playing, a list that includes Madden ’12, Deus Ex, Quarrel, the 7 Wonders board game, and Fruit Ninja. Definitely stay put for Bill’s excellent analysis of Madden.
About Todd Brakke: Todd was born in Ann Arbor with Michigan helmet in one hand and a mouse in the other. (Never you mind that computer mice hadn't yet been invented.) He grew, vertically anyway, and is now a full-time book editor in tech publishing and a part-time snob about video games. Follow him on Twitter @ubrakto.
- Michael Barnes on Cracked LCD- Imperial Assault in Review
- Michael Barnes on Cracked LCD- Return to Heroscape
- yugblad on Cracked LCD- Sun Tzu in Review
- Galdred on Cracked LCD- Imperial Assault in Review
- treeguskarr on Why I Think Borderlands 2 Sucks (But I Like It Anyway!)
- leemajors on Cracked LCD- Return to Heroscape
- Michael Barnes on Cracked LCD- Barnes’ Best 2014
- WitM on Cracked LCD- Barnes’ Best 2014