Jumping the Shark Podcast #87

No High Scores
Image: Filomena Scalise / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

First of all, my apologies for not getting this up by at least yesterday. A Monday post wasn’t going to happen with the Abner Con wrap-up, plus the drive back to Indy. Yesterday? That just went by quick… and I lost $7 at poker. Considering it was a $10 buy-in, that’s awful. What is up with the universe?

Anyway, we have arrived at Episode #87 of Jumping the Shark. The countdown to 100 episodes begins soon! This week it’s just Brandon, Danielle, and I as Bill had some late-breaking lost key scenario that pulled him out at the last minute. Keys, man. Nothing but trouble. So, for this hour-long show Brandon and I spend a good chunk of time talking in more detail about Deus Ex (now that we’ve made some progress), Brandon adds some praise for Quarrel, and Danielle shows some love for Crazy Machines Elements and Rock of Ages. After that, the topic du jour is skill at playing games and why we’re better at them than you. (No, not really.)

Direct Download
iTunes Link
RSS Feed
Past Episodes
(The embedded feed is included after the break.)

8 Responses to “Jumping the Shark Podcast #87”

1. audible sigh September 7, 2011 at 11:14 am #

You guys suck at podcasting, this episode is invalid.

2. Todd Brakke September 7, 2011 at 11:29 am #

It’s a viscous circle. You suck and playing games, and then you suck at the reviews your write about them, so when you do a podcast, you’re inevitably going to suck at that too.

3. 7z6KX November 9, 2012 at 5:50 pm #

852776 967761I like this internet site quite considerably, Its a rattling good spot to read and get information . 182225

4. Anoctris September 7, 2011 at 11:44 am #

For my first run-through of DE:HR I went for a Stealth/Hacker/Non-Lethal build.

I got fed up too trying to be a non-lethal ninja (especially during that fight with the first Assassain… grrrr…).

The only advantage I see with non-lethal weaps is that (providing no one sees you) they are a TOTALLY silent first strike weap. The silenced pistol alerts the guy you didn’t drop first, losing the advantage of surprise.

This time around I’m going to almost ignore Hacking, and try muscle my way through it all.

5. squeakyshoeninja September 7, 2011 at 12:52 pm #

Would you kindly post a link to the catalyst article of the topic du jour? I can’t seem to find it.

6. inthenet September 7, 2011 at 3:57 pm #

Not exactly sure what a thick and sticky circle has to do with this conversation. (I apologize for the comment – truly I do… I swear I was an English professor and not a computer geek in another life)

7. Todd Brakke September 7, 2011 at 5:43 pm #