Introducing War Stories

photo-main

If you have been listening to the podcast you know that we have another game on Kickstarter called War Stories: Red Storm. Actually we have both Red Storm (east front) and War Stories: Liberty Road (western theater) both on Kickstarter simultaneously sold either separately or in one large package.

This is a World War II block game which can also be played as a miniatures game. We have the rights to the World of Tanks Museum minis as well as sculpts from 21st Century Toys for the Liberty Road minis. So basically we have a lot of cool pre-painted tanks, anti tanks, and trucks which may be used in the game. You don’t need the minis to play as it works great as a block only game. But the minis just look damn cool.

The idea behind War Stories is to take what is normally a fairly complex genre (World War II tactical games) and break it down into a very easy to learn and play game with all of the detail and charts and minutiae boiled down into cards.

Check out the Kickstarter videos. I made the videos so if they look cheap — that’s all me baby! It’s already funded but we’d like to keep it rolling.

In other news, I have been knee deep in the development of Tomorrow. It’s winding down and I am really happy with how it’s turned out. We have added stuff like espionage, new objectives, discovery cards, reworked how diplomacy and cyber warfare functions — a lot of new stuff. I submitted the first draft of the “final” manual and when that’s done I will post a link so people can download it.

I can’t wait to show if off this summer.

8 Responses to “Introducing War Stories”

1. garion333 March 10, 2013 at 3:36 pm #

What’s this marketing scum?!?! Bill needs to redact the frivolous portions like he use to do on PR posts. Loved those posts.

Oh, wait … ;)

2. Matt Thrower March 10, 2013 at 4:34 pm #

Oh, those figures. So, so pretty. And so, so expensive. Games sound intriguing too.

Bill, you are a Bad Man for exposing us to this kind of temptation. I’m covering my eyes and ears now, and by the time I take my hands away, I want this filth gone, you hear?

• Bill Abner March 10, 2013 at 8:39 pm #

Yeah those WTM minis are gorgeous. The turrets even rotate! :)

• Matt Thrower March 11, 2013 at 5:21 am #

*LA LA LA LA!*

*I CAN’T HEAR YOU!*

3. Comrade Beep March 11, 2013 at 3:35 pm #

Congratulations on your success Bill. You are one hell of a pitch man. I’m seriously considering buying one of your games, and I’ve never been into board gaming at all.

Which Conquistador game is best for a group of reasonably intelligent adults with little or no board gaming experience?

• Bill Abner March 12, 2013 at 9:59 am #

The New Science is easy to learn and has a lot of player interaction for a Eurogame.

The game I am working on now, Tomorrow, I think fits the bill as well. I’ll have an update on that one as soon as the rules are finalized.

4. Michael Barnes March 11, 2013 at 6:30 pm #

This is looking really awesome- for some reason, I’m a sucker for any kind of comic art in a WWII game.

The World of Tanks stuff is really awesome, I used to have a bunch of it. They’ll make for great pieces.

Betcha the East Front outsells the West.

• Bill Abner March 12, 2013 at 10:00 am #

I don’t doubt it. What I like about War Stories..a scenario takes 30 minutes. It’s as simple as C&C to play but takes less time to setup.

Plus, tanks!