Paradox sends word this morning (along with this new trailer) that they’ve released the latest Hearts of Iron III expansion: For the Motherland ($20). This game has always intimidated the hell out of me and nothing’s changing here. Here’s the press release:
Set between the years 1936 and 1948 Hearts of Iron III: For The Motherland lets you take charge, or delegate, at any level, from a single military division up to an entire nation across a wide variety of scenarios. Wage war on the battlefields of Europe, in the factories of the industrial superpowers, as well as at the negotiating table, in the deepest of all World War II strategy games.
The brand new release trailer can be viewed here.
Hearts of Iron III: For The Motherland is a digital download only release and requires both Hearts of Iron III and the first expansion Semper Fi to play.
- War Goals and enforced peace – each member of a faction can demand their own slice and claim it when it is taken
- New Partisan system – build Partisan undergrounds to organize your resistance movements and battle not just the occupier but also other ideologies for control of the country
- Seize strategic resources to fuel your war machine
- New Theatre Interface giving greater strategic information
- Improved internal politics and a new coup system
- The return of the battle scenario system to offer new mini-campaigns