Earlier in the year a few (key) people left the development of 2K’s XCOM reboot, which may account for how the team at E3 said they were still debating certain gameplay decisions*. Now, those folks that left, specifically Andrew James and Ed Orman, have formed Uppercut Games and announced their first game for IOS devices called Epoch.
Uppercut Games, a new mobile games studio formed by veteran ex-Irrational Games developers, today officially announced that their first title, Action-Combat Game “EPOCH,” will be
blasting its way (released) onto iOS devices in the fourth quarter of 2011.
* Fight through the crumbling ruins of a once-thriving civilization as a freshly-rebooted robot that finds itself caught up in a mystery from the past.
* Choreograph the hectic and highly-cinematic action with innovative and intuitive swipe controls!
* Take cover, dodge, select targets, use special abilities, and launch countermeasures against your foes!
* Smash a wide variety of mechanical enemies as you struggle to fulfill your ancient programming!
* Bolt on new tech torn from your fallen adversaries, or trade for parts in the Scrapyard – will you be a ninja-like sharpshooter or an unstoppable juggernaut?
Uppercut’s developers have drawn on their 24 years of combined experience with the powerful Unreal Engine to render “EPOCH” in
visually stunning and highly detailed 3D graphics.
The official release date for “EPOCH” will soon be confirmed.
To learn more about EPOCH, follow Uppercut Games @uppercutgames on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/uppercutgames or visit the game page www.uppercut-games.com