Revenue for XBLA has risen 41% in the first six months of the year, according to Edge. And which game leads the pack?
In its report, Fade claims that XBLA revenue reached $66.2 million in the first half of 2011, with seven new releases grossing more than a million dollars. The best-selling was Microsoft’s own Full House Poker, which sold 268,000 units and made $2.7 million in revenue; the highest-grossing was Runic Games’ Torchlight, which grossed $3.6 million from sales of 238,000 units thanks to its higher price point.
Full House Poker. Gotta admit, didn’t see that coming.
As for the top sellers for 2011 thus far:
1. Full House Poker (Microsoft Game Studios)
2. Torchlight (Runic Games)
3. Magic: The Gathering 2012 (Stainless Steel Games)
4. Trials HD (RedLynx)
5. Beyond Good & Evil HD (Ubisoft)
6. Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale (Atari)
7. Ilomilo (SouthEnd Interactive)
8. Dead Rising 2: Case West (Capcom)
9. Limbo (Playdead)
10. Family Game Night (Hasbro)
Oh those poor Daggerdale people.