It’s July which means football season! Wait, what? Oh, right, college football. I understand that’s a big thing with some people. Those people may be happy to know that NCAA ’14 (PS3, 360) comes out this week. Then again, maybe those people won’t. I have no idea what goes on in the heads of people who get wrapped up in a system that can’t figure out how to do a proper championship.
In other news, Dark comes out for the 360. Early reviews are not promising. PS3 owners can play every Metal Gear Solid game ever created by human hands, or at the very least quite a few of them with the The Legacy Collection. Civ V gets the Brave New World expansion, Guncraft hits the PC and The Walking Dead: 400 Days hits iOS. I played 400 Days on the PS3 and it’s pretty good. It doesn’t have the same weight as Season One, but seeing how it’s a bridge episode, I wouldn’t expect it to.
Toys R Us – Get a free $25 gift card with purchase of NCAA 14. Buy one, get one 40% off on all games priced $19.99 or less.
Target – Buy NCAA ’14 and a 12 pack of Coke and get a free $10 gift card. Get a 1600 Xbox Live point card for $18, just in time for the 360 to switch over to using real money!
Best Buy – Buy two of the following games and get a free $50 gift card: DeadPool, Defiance, Skyrim Legendary Edition, Call of Duty Black OPS II, MLB 13 the SHOW, Dead Island Riptide, Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3.
10 thoughts to “Calendar Man – Week of 7/8”
Finished The Last of Us, as noted. Fabulous ending, great game.
Now to turn it into Shin Megami Tensei IV.
More Animal Crossing for me this week, plus being hopeful for the Steam sale.
Speaking of sales, I got Ratchet & Clank HD via PS+ for $7.50, which was just crazy. My first experience with the series and damn is it fun. Nice change of pace too.
Yeah, I got that too, I never played it either…it’s really kind of shocking how GREAT it looks despite its vintage…it shows that great visual design is more important than a bunch of effects, massive poly counts, and so forth. The game is really fun too, I thought it’d be just a weekend lark but I’m actually thinking I’ll finish all three of them. May have to check out the new ones too.
I’m same boat. I have been playing in huge four hour chunks and I am debating mainlining them and looking at the next-gen versions.
There is something incredibly satisfying about being drowned in bolts by crates and enemies.
Even if you don’t finish all of them, A Crack in Time is hands down the best game I can remember playing (and one of only two(?) I’ve gotten the platinum trophy on). I loved everything about that game, and to see Insomniac focus on “Gritty” or “Realistic” or “More Mature” shooters now is just heartbreaking.
A Crack in Time is brilliant. If you get all of them, don’t pass up on Quest for Booty, the downloadable title that bridges Future Tools and Crack in Time. You certainly don’t need to play it to know what’s going on in Crack in Time, but it’s quite enjoyable.
My favorite part of the R&C games is how you can not make progress in the story but still make progress in leveling up your weapons. Plus, there’s something inherently awesome about having all of those bolts flying your way, especially once you get the magnetized wrench.
Yeah, it kind of has that same reward system as the Lego games, except that there’s MUCH less to buy- more focus, less clutter.
I’m definitely on board with the less gritty/less realistic thing right now…I love how colorful and FUN these games look. So refreshing after years of blown apart buildings and rubble.
Man, just think: if the founding fathers had spent just a few more hours talking things out, we would have a new Jumpimg the Shark this week. Whoever said “Justice delayed is justice denied” obviously never had to go fourteen days without their podcast fix. I thin-
Wait, why is everyone booing me?
Anyway, the last time there was to be no podcast, Brandon saved the day with a one man Q&A session. Do we have any leverage to get Matt Thrower to do one of his own? Some issues could really benefit from his perspective. For example:
– Do pokemon on the British Isles say their names with an accent? “Skaamoury!”
– What is your opinion on irradiated veg, and how do you predict it might change in the face of invasion by rage zombies and/or triffids?
– What ever happened to that cardboard-and-styrofoam Matt Thrower replicant assembled by your officemates? Alternatively, what have you done with the fleshy version, which I call Meatt Thrower?
– Have you held a PS4 controller yet? If so, how much was the experience like feeling your pregnant wife’s stomach kick for the first time, as in the comparison made by Penny Arcade’s Ben Kuchera?
– What happens in the event that a solicitor’s wig becomes tousled or mussed? Are they allowed to remove it and continue or is the court called to recess until a replacement can be fitted?
– On a scale of 7-9, how traumatized were you by the infamous 1992 BBC1 documentary Ghostwatch? Using the same scale, how old do you anticipate your daughter to be before you sit her down with it?
– Which regular Jumping the Shark panelist do you feel the populace would be the most dismayed to see knighted and why?
– What’s the deal with Derren Brown? Is he actually less douchey than America’s Cris Angel, or are our sensibilities being flummoxed by his urbane accent?
I would kill to be able to get Matt regularly on the show. Well, not kill, but certainly maim. Who’s up for a good maiming? Anyone?
“Get a 1600 Xbox Live point card for $20”
Aren’t 1600 XBL point cards always $20?
Dammit, you’re right. Corrected.